EXPERIENCE (PROFESSIONAL CAREER)
- Practising lawyer at the Bar Association of the Balearic Islands (ICAIB) with 18 years’ experience and a founding partner of CONTESTI&GARAU.
- I come from a family with strong links to the law and the business world, in particular tourism. This influenced the first 15 years of my professional career, which was spent at the multi-disciplinary family firm “GARAU ABOGADOS”. During this period I gained vast experience in matters arising from tourism law, such as hotel contracting, management and mediation in hotel lease contracting, as well as in issues relating to corporate, insolvency, civil and commercial law.
- I am a specialist in the field of debt recovery and have gained significant experience in mediation, both amicable and contentious. A key aspect in developing my career has been my position since 2003 as an associate lawyer of “CREDITO Y CAUCION SA” (a leading provider in Spain of insurance for commercial transactions). I also act as an insolvency practitioner for the aforementioned insurer for cases in the Balearic Islands.
- My experience as a lawyer for hundreds of companies insured by “CREDITO Y CAUCION SA” has meant I have gained extensive and valuable experience in managing and resolving commercial disputes. I always aim to find the best agreement or where necessary I have intervened with the utmost professionalism and guarantees in countless legal proceedings. For years I have also worked regularly as an advisor to numerous companies and individuals from various business sectors, always going the extra mile to provide a quality service that meets the client’s needs.
- I have been appointed as an insolvency practitioner by the courts of Palma de Mallorca on numerous occasions and have also acted as defence lawyer representing companies and individuals in insolvency proceedings.
- Bachelor of Law. University of the Balearic Islands. 1999.
- Practising member of the Bar Association of the Balearic Islands.
Spanish, Catalan and English
Commercial, Insolvency and Corporate Law.
Civil Law and Civil Procedure.
Tourism Law and property transactions.